Monday, June 21, 2010

Yin And Yang Everywhere

It was a busy and great weekend for me - time with Friends, Family and my Man.  On Saturday I enjoyed a long walk with a close Friend.  My Friend is studying Counselling and I love hearing about her Course and her Life and her Projects.  I also love sharing my excitement about Yin and Yang.  

I now see and feel Yin And Yang Everywhere.


On Saturday afternoon I enjoyed seeing 'Sex And The City II' with Friends - it is a fun movie.  And while watching and laughing with the movie, I am also seeing the Yin and Yang playing out in the characters and in the relationships between the characters.


I see the Yin and Yang dynamic in Carrie and Big's relationship - Big is enjoying more Yin time, quiet, relaxing time on the couch and Carrie is wanting more Yang, more "sparkle", sensing that there is too much Yin and not enough Balance, leading to not feeling a sense of Connection in their marriage. I love seeing Carrie take ACTION and the Conversations between them.  I also love Charlotte's Storyline, trying to be the "perfect" Mother and Wife and pretending that everything is going well - Charlotte is trying to be Yang, feeling that she can be Yang, where it is ordered and logical.  And then in Connection with Miranda, Charlotte is able to reveal her truth, her Emotional Yin, in that Motherhood is hard, and she is finding it difficult even with a nanny.  I love that Miranda makes it okay to talk openly.  And I also love Miranda's storyline, where she has a clash with her Boss, so much Yang happening in the Laywers' Office, and then she is able to be true to her Feminine Yin and be at her Son's School Awards and also then finds a job where she can be in her Yin and Yang.

I also see the dynamic of Yin and Yang playing out in relationships in my own life.  I see a situation playing out where there is a Yang energy and then this triggers another Yang energy and then there is no Connection - and as a third person, I try to bring in a Yin energy, softly, gently - and yet the whisper of Yin is too soft, the Yang energy is taking up the Space.  And then, in another situation I witness myself being more Centred and Grounded in my Communication with my Brother, which allows him to be open and share with me.  In the past I have often showed up in too much Yang or too much Yin, solely in a Warrior or Caregiver Archetype, which did not generate Connection, instead it was about right and wrong, black and white.  Yesterday I really enjoyed walking and talking with my Brother in an open and caring Space.  I would love there to be more time to enjoy Conversations and Space and I treasure these moments when my Brother is open and we are in the natural flow.  

And the lesson for me is to step away and not take on the worry or the energy - to trust my Family members to be in charge of their own lives (as they know that I am always here if they need me).   This is an area of Self-Development for me, not taking on the worries or concerns of others.  My Friend sent a text which was beautiful today "Happy Winter Solstice.  What are we going to say Goodbye to and allow more to come tomorrow when we wake?" - GREAT QUESTION.  I choose to say Goodbye to worry:
- Goodbye to worrying about the lives of others (still caring and showing empathy)
- Goodbye to worrying about that which is not within my Sphere of Control
- Goodbye to worrying about my past mistakes (still learning and growing from life experience)
- Goodbye to worrying about the Future (still believing in the Future and having a Vision for the Future, but letting go of my attachment to an outcome, and letting go of thoughts and worries that do not serve me in the NOW).

I Welcome BEING IN THE NOW.  I Welcome CONNECTION.  I Welcome being a Witness to Yin And Yang Everywhere and Consciously making Choices to bring Yin and Yang in Balance in my life, my relationships, my Coaching Sessions.  I love the below image of Yin and Yang - this speaks to me about the dynamic between two people in Connection.  This is the Consciousness that I bring as a Coach to my Clients.


I love that my Consciousness of Yin and Yang allows me to draw on these aspects within myself as Strengths and Resources.  On my work today, I am very Conscious of bringing in my Yang to support me for the day - it is though my Yang Part of me, my Masculine is the one giving me a positive pep talk.  As I walk to work I draw on my Yang image of Richard Gere who reminds me of the importance to go to work.  As my Monday-Wednesday job is not my lifework (at an obvious level) I sometimes have to bring my Yang to keep me Motivated.  And yet once I walk in the door, I stay true to my Commitment to do my best and I love when I Achieve and Exceed my Targets. 


And I am Conscious of also wanting a Balance of Yin and Yang in my work, in my everyday - and so I love the laughter and Conversations with other Staff and with Customers and I love walking outdoors in my breaks.  

By knowing my own Yin and Yang, I can Consciously make Choices in my life.  I am happy to be out in the world and an Observer to myself and the world, an Observer to myself in the world.