Saturday, October 23, 2010

KeepingItPeel





John Peel, he gave me more music than I could handle, simple as that. Everybody has said everything that can be said. We all listened, we all taped,we all wrote. I was lucky enough to start listening in 1977, when the best thing to ever happen to music was strangely enough happening!
I could ramble on and on and on, but to anyone else it would just be boring, what I can remember makes me smile, which is good, I could even handle the fact he was a Liverpool supporter!
So what to do to mark this day? What session? Couldn't choose, so here's an A-Z of session covers, sadly incomplete, but hey that's life. Thank you John Peel, Thank you.


01 - 3 Mustaphas 3 - Jingle Theme Tune (Grinderswitch)
02 - Ash - Teenage Kicks (The Undertones)
03 - Billy Bragg - Jeanne (The Smiths)
04 - Cud - You Sexy Thing (Hot Chocolate)
05 - The Delgados - Mr Blue Sky (Elo)
06 - Elastica - Da Da Da (Trio)
07 - The Fall - This Perfect Day (The Saints)
08 - Galaxie 500 - Submission (Sex Pistols)
09 - Half Man Half Biscuit - Goodnight Irene (Leadbelly)
10 - Inspiral Carpets - Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones)
11 - The Jesus & Mary Chain - My Girl (The Temptations)
13 - Lush - Hey Hey Helen (Abba)
14 - Mansun - Shot By Both Sides (Magazine)
15 - New Fast Automatic Daffodils - Purple haze (Jimi Hendrix)
16 - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - The More I See You (Dick Haymes)
17 - The Pixies - Wild Honey Pie (The Beatles).mp3
18 - Quickspace - If I Were A Carpenter (Tim Hardin)
19 - Rich Kids - Here Comes The Nice (The Faces)
20 - Siouxsie and the Banshees - Helter Skelter (The Beatles)
21 - Tompaulin - Since Yesterday (Strawberry Switchblade)
22 - The Unfinished Sympathy - Teenage Kicks (Undertones)
24 - The White Stripes - Jolene (Dolly Parton)
26 - Yo La Tengo - You Can Have It All (George McCrae)
27 - Zion Train - Babylon's Burning (The Ruts)
28 - The Housemartins - Pickin The Blues (Grinderswitch)

Maybe a tab predictable, but hey, I like it.

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable