Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moriones Festival

The festival takes place in Marinduque during Holy Week and culminates in the re-enactment of the beheading of Longinus. Entire towns are converted into huge stages as the story of Longinus unfolds.

"Morion" means "mask" refer to the colorfully garbed and masked soldiers and centurions during Christ's Passion, a part of Roman armor which covers the face. Morion serves as the focal point of the Moriones festival and celebrations.

The festival is a long week celebration and characterized by colorful roman costumes, painted masks and helmets, and brightly-colored tunics.

 

Thou the trip were a bit sickening but the experience was all worth it. I’ll definitely be back to explore more with this beautiful island. I guess true to its description the heart of the Philippines!

I have so much to be thankful with this vacation. To Ray for the wonderful and almost like hotel room I stayed and best of all its free and to Christine my travel buddy  for the funny segment and photography.

Love you guys and we still have alot of  Philippines festivals to watch!


Life is good!

Photography by me and Christine