Friday, May 20, 2011

One Step Bacharach


It's been far too long since I put together a covers compilation, I have been working on a few ideas, but then Terry Hall singing Close To You hit my earphones, so what else could I do.
Burt Bacharach writes great songs with and without Hal David, mainly with though it must be said! Pop music at it's finest.

Alison Moyet - God Give Me Strength (Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach)
Bef & Sandie Shaw - Anyone Who Had A Heart (Dionne Warwick)
BMX Bandits - It Doesn't Matter Anymore (Ricky Nelson)
Braid - Always Something There to Remind Me (Sandie Shaw)
Deacon Blue - Are You There (With Another Girl) (Dionne Warwick)
Elvis Costello - Please Stay (The Drifters)
Faith No More - This Guy's In Love With You (Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass)
Fountains Of Wayne - Trains And Boats And Planes (Burt Bacharach)
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - San Jose (The Way) (Dionne Warwick)
Gene - I Say a Little Prayer (Dionne Warwick)
Jim O'Rourke - Anonymous Phone Call (Bobby Vee)
Marianne Faithfull - If I Never Get To Love You (Lou Johnson)
Mercury Rev - Raindrops Keeps Falling On My Head (Mike Batt)
Nick Lowe With Elvis Costello - Baby It's You (The Shirelles)
Nicolette Larson - Mexican Divorce (The Drifters)
Rumer - Alfie (Cilla Black)
Sharleen Spiteri - Whats New Pussycat (Tom Jones)
Snuff - Magic Moments (Perry Como)
Susanna Hoffs - The Look Of Love (Burt Bacharach)
Terry Hall - Close To You (Richard Chamberlain)
The Divine Comedy - Make It Easy On Yourself (The Walker Brothers)
The Pretenders - The Windows Of The World (Dionne Warwick)
The Rubinoos - My Little Red Book (Manfred Mann)
The Stranglers - Walk On By (Dionne Warwick)
The White Stripes - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself (Tommy Hunt)
True Love Always - Making Love (Roberta Flack)
Wondermints - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Dionne Warwick)


Burt