Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Actively Involved

"If you're not Actively Involved in getting what you want, you don't really want it." Peter McWilliams

The words "Actively Involved" speak to me.  I have realised that I have been spending a lot of time in Observation of myself and Observation of the beauty in the world.  And this has been a wonderful place, very relaxing, a place of peace and calm - definitely being led by my Yin in my Intuition and Feelings.  My Man was also saying last night that there is so much that I want to do and get Excited by so much and yet I may need to focus.  And this is true of me.

I also resonate with these words
- "Now is the Time to Focus Your Energy
We are constantly faced with competing demands,
and easily distracted by the noise and the interruptions.
To be effective in our lives and work, we must focus.
We must decide on our Priorities.
We must channel our energy and attend to the task before us." Patrick Lindsay


What differentiates Coaching from Counselling is the focus on the Future and the attention to ACTION.  And I have a Commitment to be True and Genuine on my Journey with attention to Self-Development.   I am Excited that I have received a whole package of notes on "Life Quality and Design" - this is perfect timing for me - I am Excited when I read about the opportunity to write an Ideal Scene, to look again at my Wheel of Life, to take an Energy Leaks Inventory and complete a Tackling Procrastinations Task Sheet.  These are wonderful Tools for me and Tools for my Clients.  I am Excited that I can be Actively Involved in designing my Life.  And I Welcome this Opportunity.

I am VERY HAPPY that tonight I finally took the Step to become Actively Involved in supporting Communities living in Poverty.  Tonight my Man and I sponsored Ann, a 6 year old little girl living in Laos.  We chose to Sponsor a Child through Plan Australia.  What I love about their work is their Commitment to Children - "Child centred community development is the term we use to describe how we aim to do our development work. It's a rights based approach to development where we support communities to develop the structures and skills they need to provide a safe and healthy environment in which children are able to realise their full potential.  It is our belief, based on many years of experience, that this can be achieved only if children’s best interests are at the heart of everything we do and if children themselves actively participate in the process."


Originally I was looking at Vietnam or Thailand or Nepal, and I have also been recently drawn to Laos when I found information on the Sunshine School that seems very advanced in their teaching Programs for Children - and I have also been interested in this area since I once worked with a guy from Laos and we were good friends.  Tonight while my Man and I looked at the different areas, I was drawn to Laos due to the low life expectancy of 55.1 years and also a low 51% who have access to safe drinking water and a low literacy rate (over 15 years) of only 66.4%.  I love reading about all the Community Projects taking place in Laos.

I am Excited that I finally made one small step to Spread The Yellow and be Actively Involved in helping build Communities.  What I also love about Plan is that they work to help Communities to become Empowered to overcome poverty, so that with time they can withdraw from a self-sufficient Community.

It feels great to be Actively Involved.  We saw a photo of little Ann and we are planning to write her a letter and look forward to learning more about her Community.  Little Ann is just 2 days younger than my Niece Ashley and I look forward to hopefully getting Ashley involved in this Process, perhaps writing letters or sending pictures.  In any case, it helps us realise that we are so fortunate and we can help Make A Difference.

I am calling on the Yang Part of me tomorrow (and every day) to be Organised and Logical and Focused and in ACTION.  I have my "To Do" List ready to go and I look forward to being more Actively Involved in MY LIFE, making Choices and taking Steps towards my Vision.