Thursday, June 24, 2010

Big News

Today I am thankful that my Yang part of me was in full ACTION, getting my "to do" list done.  I was up and ready to go at 9am and it felt wonderful to become more Organised.  I was especially happy to spend some time on my bills, records and budget.

I was also glad to be at home and have the Space in my day to watch History, with Australia's First Female Prime Minister sworn in by the Governor General.  This is Big News.  This is Big News after 26 Male Prime Ministers and after 108 years.  Regardless of the Politics and my Beliefs and the potential greatness for Australia, I have so much empathy for Kevin Rudd.  As I watched his speech, I was moved by his words and his emotions.  I was moved by his love and acknowledgement of his Wife and Children.  I also loved that he named everything of which he is Proud.  It is true that he can be Proud of taking the step to apologise to Aboriginal Communities and also helping Australia escape the Global Financial Crisis.  He spoke well and I loved when he said  "I have given my absolute best, I have given my absolute all."  

I also have so much admiration for Kevin Rudd as he chose to attend Question Time and showed so much Strength in Character.  This had an impact on me, rather than feeling into rejection or going into a Shadow of the Orphan, Kevin Rudd was Grounded in his Strength, staying true to his Party and the Country - advising that he would continue to be available to serve - WOW!  I loved that this was acknowledged by Julia Gillard.  I also loved that Julia Gillard, Wayne Swan and Tony Abbott acknowledged Kevin Rudd's work and how difficult a time it would be for him and his Family.  


My reaction to today's Events shows the Feminine Yin in me, where I am in tune with my Feelings and Emotions.  It is then good to talk to my Man who is the Thinker and so we have a good discussion and express our Feelings and Thoughts - Yin and Yang.

Today I watched the News over and over, which is a change for me.  For a long time now I have chosen not to watch the News, at least not on a regular basis.  And yet with my Commitment to be more Actively Involved I am choosing to become more aware on Local, National and Global Levels.  I am choosing to check in with the News on a daily basis, even if it is a quick look online.  As I am very sensitive, I have a sense that I can visualise a bubble around me, to stop myself from becoming too emotionally involved or distressed, especially with so much sadness and negativity that dominates the news.  And yet there is also the opportunity for me to gain increased Awareness which may lead me to take ACTION.   

Like today, every day there is Big News - events and situations happening around the world where people, Families, lives are being affected.  I want to protect myself, and yet I do not want to be de-sensitised  or unaffected by Local and World News.  By reading every News Article or watching the News on television and treating every story as Big News, this allows me to be interested and totally open.   Rather than becoming emotionally charged with every article or spending time and energy talking about the News and getting too caught in the Story, I can extend my love and light and I can also make Choices as to the areas where I may be able to get involved to Make A Difference and Spread The Yellow.

While I have empathy for Kevin Rudd, I have also been impressed with the words of Julia Gillard.  I especially liked these words -
"I will dedicate my abilities to what I believe in.
A nation where hard work is rewarded and where the dignity of work is respected.
A nation that prides itself on the excellence of its education system.
Where Government can be relied upon to provide high quality services for all Australians.
An Australia that can achieve even greater things in the future.  We should not be afraid of the future.
A strong Australia respected as a global force for progress, for peace and for tolerance.
A bright democracy for the world to admire.
And a sanctuary for all of our people.
Can I say to the Australian people there will be some days I delight you; there may be some days I disappoint you.  On every day, I will be working my absolute hardest for you.
"

These words are Inspirational.  And it is Inspiring to hear that there are already 23 Female World Leaders.  It is encouraging to hear all of the young woman being so Inspired after today's Big News. Mr Gillard described his daughter as a "unique, hard working, passionate, driven'' person who only "wants to do good things for the country".

I love when Julia Gillard talks about the paradox - that people can have empathy for Kevin Rudd and also see the Strength and Commitment of Julia Gillard.  I am Excited to be choosing to bring my Yang onboard to learn more about the Government Policies and more about the Big News, so that I have increased Awareness, and a greater capacity to make Conscious Choices, and also be open to be moved to ACTION.